New job opportunity at Sigma - Senior Account Manager
2 minute read
Following our growth this year, we are expanding our sales and marketing team and would like to speak to people interested in a new senior account manager role.
At Sigma, our sales people and account managers work as trusted advisors to our clients in health, education, finance, professional services, charities and the public sector. We’re looking for an experienced, senior account manager to join our sales term and make a major contribution to our business development during a period of expansion for the business.
The nature of the role is strategic and consultative – our account managers work as partners to senior client stakeholders, helping them to navigate sometimes complex procurement processes, understand their options and make sound business decisions. They could be running a client workshop one day, writing a proposal the next, and leading a competitive pitch with other Sigma team members on another. It’s an exciting, challenging role, working with both established accounts and new or prospective clients to meet sales and account growth targets, both individually and as a sales team.
It’s possible that the successful candidate may have started their career in practice, as a designer, consultant, project manager or technologist, and it’s likely they’ll have an agency or professional services background.
- Conduct market, client and competitor research to identify and nurture new business leads
- Lead and participate in client sales meetings and workshops to elicit requirements and present Sigma in the best possible way
- Write clear, persuasive proposals that pull together expertise and input from Sigma team members and effectively address the needs of our clients
- Build and manage relationships with clients and stakeholders to ensure their needs are addressed and their expectations met (or exceeded)
- Create and present brilliant sales presentations and pitches to clients that ensure we win and retain their business
- Manage and own your pipeline of sales leads and opportunities, contributing to the wider Sigma sales pipeline management process
- Devise and implement sales and marketing campaigns, working with other team members, partners and clients
- Contribute to internal initiatives, blog posts, networking and events
- Think and work strategically over the long term towards Sigma’s overall business goals as well as your own sales and revenue targets
Skills and experience
Ideally, you’ll have:
- At least 3 years’ experience in a business development, marketing or account management role
- Excellent writing, communications and presentation skills
- A background in or understanding of UX, digital transformation, user-centred design or related digital and development disciplines
- The ability to excel in client-facing situations and build great working relationships with clients, stakeholders and your colleagues
- The confidence, experience and business sense to consult with clients and help them to meet their objectives
- The ability to build and lead bid teams, owning and taking responsibility for every aspect of the proposal or pitch
- A positive, proactive attitude – a self-starter who can hit the ground running
- An understanding of agile, user-centred ways of working
In addition, we’d love it if you have:
- Worked in an agency or professional services firm before, and developed an understanding of how agencies work commercially and operationally
- Established good contacts and built a network of prospective clients and others in the industry
A little bit about Sigma
Sigma is a User Experience (UX) design, development and consulting company. We work closely with real people to design, build and evolve digital products and services that are highly usable, accessible and engaging. We work with companies large and small, in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors, and we believe strongly in developing long term, mutually beneficial strategic partnerships with our customers. Since 2007, we’ve grown from a team of 4 to a team of 50 people to become one of the most respected User Experience focused digital agencies in the UK. We’re also known for creating and running the popular Camp Digital conference.
Sigma is an inclusive company and we care about diversity. We encourage applications from people who can help enrich the ethnic and cultural diversity of our team, those with access needs, those who need flexible working patterns, and people from all walks of life.
Salary: £40-50k basic depending on experience + £20k on target bonus
Benefits: 35 hr working week, 28 days paid holiday + public holidays, company pension, income protection and life insurance, flexible working.
Location: Macclesfield, Cambridge or remote.